Ma hou sy hand vas wyl skurk verkrag, hoor hof


n Doofstom 38-jarige man het gister in die hooggeregshof in Pretoria in gebaretaal getuig sy ma het sy hand vasgehou terwyl n indringer haar op haar bed verkrag het. http://bit.ly/97ZAmU

Advertisements

3-jarige moet gesin lossny n� rooftog


n Driejarige seuntjie moes sy ouers en sy vyfjarige sussie in hul huis in Rietfontein gaan help nadat hulle in n rooftog vasgebind en sokkies in hul monde gestop is. http://bit.ly/aNnT8w

Drie skuldig nadat hulle man doodskiet langs sy vrou


Drie mans is in die hooggeregshof in Pretoria daaraan skuldig bevind dat hulle die bou-ingenieur mnr. Sven Tideman 66 in die bed langs sy vrou vermoor en die egpaar beroof het. http://bit.ly/bta7vK

Metro officer killed after being hit by two trucks


An Ekurhuleni Metro Police officer was killed Friday night after he was hit by two trucks at an intersection near Heidelburg earlier.



The officer was directing traffic as part of a road block at the intersection of the R550 and M7 when the incident occurred.



He was hit by one truck and, as he tried to get up, was then struck by a second.



He died on the scene.



A case of culpable homicide is being investigated.



Vereeniging polices Tikoane Sonopo said the truck drivers stopped at the accident scene, and were not arrested.



“One of the officers tried to stop [a] truck and then it ended up hitting the officer. Immediately after that the [metro] police officer tried to stand up when the other truck, which was travelling from the opposite direction, hit the traffic officer again. The traffic officer died instantly on the scene,” said Sonopo.

http://bit.ly/dkHr6u

Reisdokumente kan nog gekry word


Die departement van binnelandse sake moes minstens 74 van sy 380 kantore landwyd gedeeltelik of ten volle sluit. http://bit.ly/ccv1qc

Lungisa keeps his job after vote


ANC Youth League Deputy President Andile Lungisa has been allowed to stay on in his post.

On Thursday a resolution was tabled at the leagues National General Council in Midrand calling for a vote of no confidence.

As journalists were allowed back into the hall on Friday afternoon, the leagues leader Julius Malema could be heard asking delegates if they accepted an apology from Lungisa.

Members roared back “yes.” Other sources confirmed a vote was held, indicating some deal had been struck.

Youth league leaders refused to comment on the matter before the conference was officially closed.

http://bit.ly/8ZHDtu

Bees Roux to appear in court on Monday


Blue Bulls rugby player Jacobus “Bees” Roux will spend the weekend behind bars after being accused of killing a Tshwane Metro Police officer.

Details of the incident had not yet been released by Friday afternoon, but it was understood the officer was killed after the Bulls prop had been pulled over for suspected drunken driving in the early hours of the morning.

Its understood three officers were patrolling Hatfield when they spotted Roux driving his car erratically.


After pulling him over they realised he may have been drunk. Eyewitness News understands Roux then negotiated with the officers who then agreed to drive him home.  


Sergeant Ntshimane Mohale had apparently been driving Rouxs car with the Blue Bull as a passenger when an altercation took place.


It is believed he was severely assaulted, and was declared dead when paramedics arrived on the scene.


Roux is expected to appear in court on Monday.

http://bit.ly/aQ8cUA

Essential service workers warned not to strike


The Public Service and Administration Department has called on essential service employees who have been participating in the public servants strike to return to work.

In terms of the law, essential services workers including police officers and some health care officials may not down tools.

The Departments Dumisani Nkwamba said those who disregarded the law would face disciplinary action. He said, “All essential services employees on strike need to return to work in compliance with the national law…”

Meanwhile, more Cosatu-affiliated unions pledged their support for striking civil servants on Friday after the trade union federation called on them to join the mass action.


The National Union of Mineworkers Num vowed to shut down mining operations next week and
said workers in the construction and energy sectors would also be joining the strike.

Num spokesperson Frans Baleni said the union was busy mobilising its members in the mining, construction and energy sectors. They plan to embark on solidarity action next Thursday.


Edited by Lisa Bartlett http://bit.ly/a5K39o

Agliotti trial postponed for 8 weeks


The judge hearing Glenn Agliottis trial has granted the state an eight week postponement.

The prosecution requested the delay in order to give the alleged murder victims father, Roger Kebble, time to recover from a knee operation before calling him to testify.

The state argued although Kebbles operation was happening in Johannesburg next week, he was under severe stress and would not be able to climb the stairs at court.

Judge Frans Kgomo handed down a fairly lengthy ruling at the South Gauteng High Court, explaining why he has decided to grant the postponement.

He said he has seen a man by the name of Roger Kebble speaking on television complaining of lengthy delays in the trial. He also voiced some concerns over public perception that the justice system was too slow.

However, Kgomo said it would be too optimistic of him to expect Kebble to testify next week before he goes into hospital. The case will resume late October.

Earlier on Friday spin doctor Dominic Ntsele took the stand and insisted he did not buy the theory that the mining magnate Brett Kebble was killed in an assisted suicide.
http://bit.ly/awtpsw

Train crash taxi driver still in hospital, tenth child dies


Police on Friday said the driver of a minibus taxi which was involved in the Blackheath train crash was still in a serious condition in hospital.

The driver will be charged with culpable homicide after allegedly driving recklessly at a level crossing outside Cape Town on Wednesday, resulting in the death of ten children he was transporting to school.


A detective interviewed all witnesses but said the driver still needed to be questioned.


Police spokesperson Billy Jones said, “So far the investigators were not able to speak to the man, who was still in a serious condition in the Kuilsriver Medical Centre.”


Meanwhile, condolences have poured in for the family of 10-year-old Jade Adams who became the 10th victim of the crash on Friday.


The boy, who sustained serious head injuries, died in the Red Cross Childrens Hospital.


A member of the committee established to assist grieving relatives, Melvyn de Bruyn
said the sad news was slowly filtering through to the Kleinnvlei community.

A memorial service for the victims is scheduled for Sunday.

Edited by Lisa Bartlett http://bit.ly/9xs6J5

%d bloggers like this: